Thursday, February 16, 2006

True Love

For anyone who didn't get enough valentines, I offer this:

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in bed.
She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him
sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He
appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he
wiped a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.

"What's the matter, dear?" she whispers as she steps into the room, "Why are
you down here at this time of night?"

The husband looks up from his coffee."Do you remember 20 years ago when we
were dating, and you were only 16?" he asks solemnly.
"Yes I do," she replies.

The husband paused. The words were not coming easily. "Do you remember when
your father caught us in the back seat of my car making love?"

"Yes, I remember," said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.

The husband continued, "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my
face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter, or I'll send you to jail for
20 years?"

"I remember that too," she replied softly.

He wiped another tear from his cheek and said, "I would have gotten out
today."



Come to the official Alex Ludd for President forums to comment on this and other posts, to offer opinions and gossip, and to share your worldview or personal quirks!

8 comments:

amy said...

Hear, hear. [grumble]

Cindy said...

So that's like an anti-Valentine isn't it?

Sarabeth said...

Oh, what to say. Nothing.

Kell said...

Alex Ludd! To think I was going to vote for you!

Trixie said...

Is this auto-biographical? If so, it really explains quite a bit about your fantasy life...I mean blog life.

Trixie said...

People are still asking me who you are...since I seem to have introduced you to them in some odd stalker way...

Sarabeth said...

He's the next president of the United States, Trixie. Shame on you!

Alex Ludd said...

Oh, you know I have a weakness for Trixie. Smart broads have always impressed me. I can't bring myself to criticize her. Or you, for that matter.